COVID-19 Status Update
UPDATE: April 1, 2021
UPDATE: April 1, 2021
Important reminder - Exposure to COVID-19
Family Caregivers who have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days or with anyone who are awaiting results of a COVID-19 test is asked to refrain from visiting Grace Village and follow the Public Health directives in effect.
Upon arrival at Grace Village, the front entrance is equipped with a handwashing station for your convenience. Family Caregivers should wash their hands before and after each visit.
6. Preventative COVID-19 Screening Test
A new service offer is available in the CIUSSS de l’Estrie – CHUS territory. Health care workers and asymptomatic caregivers in RPAs and Private CHSLDs are invited to make an appointment at our designated screening centers (CDDs) and other screening service points to be screened systematically for COVID-19 (e.g.: to be screened once every two weeks). As recommended by the MSSS, preventive screening is a means of prevention to avoid outbreaks in these long-term care facilities.
To this effect, the operators of the COVID-19 Estrie call center will be available to make screening appointments. This service is exclusively reserved for health care workers and asymptomatic caregivers working in private RPAs and CHSLDs.
Please call 1 877 644-4545 (provincial line) to make an appointment or visit the santeestrie.qc.ca web page to determine the phone number and hours of operation associated with the screening location you will be visiting.
We are grateful for your ongoing collaboration – your loved ones’ health is our number one priority. If you have questions or need additional clarification, please contact me at [email protected] or by phone at 819-569-0546 x5004.
Wishing you & yours a blessed Easter holiday from all of us here at Grace Village. We look forward to the day we can celebrate with family and friends again!
Reminders for Family Caregiver visits
We would like to remind all family members and Family Caregivers of the following criteria that must be respected while visiting residents:
• Visiting a resident increases the risk to the resident, other residents, and staff of contracting COVID-19.
• Visiting a resident in long-term care increases the risk of contracting COVID-19.
• In addition, the people most at risk of developing complications after contracting COVID-19 are those aged 65 or older and/or those who have a vulnerability factor such as cardiovascular disease, lung disease, hypertension, diabetes, and chronic kidney failure as well as immunocompromised individuals. attest to having understood the risks inherent in the decision mentioned above.
• I confirm that I have read the information on symptom monitoring, hand hygiene, respiratory etiquette, and use of personal protective equipment.
• I will disinfect my hands upon entering Grace Village, upon entering the resident’s room, upon leaving the room and upon leaving Grace Village.
• I will wear my mask the entire time, never lowering or removing from my face.
• I confirm that I have clean clothing from my home and have not stopped on route to this visit.
• I will not bring any personal effects with me, only my car keys and cell phone.
• I will comply with the conditions and instructions established by Grace Village or by public health authorities regarding infection protection and control.
• I understand that following screening I will go directly to the resident’s room and remain there, respecting the 2-metre social distance until the visit is completed.
• I agree to complete the Visitor Log at Reception upon arrival and at departure including the date, time, and the name of the resident.
• I agree to only visit one resident and to limit interactions with other residents or staff members. Always respecting the 2-meter social distance.
• I agree to undergo COVID-19 testing if the resident's medical condition requires it and to inform Grace Village of the result.
• I agree to wear the appropriate personal protective equipment according to the resident's medical condition; and
• I understand that failure to comply with the conditions and instructions established by public health authorities and by Grace Village, may result in Grace Village suspending the right to visit.
On behalf of the Leadership Team,
Andrea Eastman, Interim Executive Director
Please click here and submit the Contact form if you have any questions or comments for the Executive Director. Thank you for your interest in Grace Village!