COVID-19 Status Update
UPDATE: May 11, 2021
UPDATE: May 11, 2021
While the Eastern Townships area is under Red Zone, a resident may only receive one Family Caregiver visit per day in their room. Family Caregivers may not circulate in the garden courtyards while we are in the Red Zone. Family Caregivers may visit 7 days a week. Visits must be scheduled 24 hours in advance by contacting Sandra Klinck at [email protected] or 819-569-0546 ext. 5050 during regular business hours, Monday to Friday. This allows proper coordination with the care team as all Family Caregivers must continue to be screened and dressed in full PPE. Family Caregiver visits must end before 9:00pm to respect the Quebec government’s 9:30pm curfew.
2. Facial Shields
Each Family Caregiver will be given a facial shield upon their first visit that they must wear while visiting a resident. Family Caregivers must disinfect their facial shield after each visit and are responsible for bringing it for their next visit. As we have a limited supply, a charge of $5.00 will be applied for additional facial shields. Family Caregivers are welcome to bring their own facial shield or goggles.
3. Indoor Visiting Station
Located in the Wellness Center, our Indoor Visiting Station is a space that is separated by a sturdy Plexiglass and renovated to ensure proper ventilation. This area is thoroughly disinfected between each visit, allowing families to meet “face-to-face” without a mask in a safe environment. Visits must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance during business hours, Monday to Friday, by contacting Sandra Klinck at [email protected]. Visits can be held between 9:00am and 3:00pm from Monday to Friday.
4. Dining Rooms
The Ministry has indicated that our dining rooms may remain open, provided that we respect the resident bubbles.
5. Reminder: Virtual Visits
We continue to offer our virtual visits program. Our dedicated Recreation & Leisure staff can facilitate virtual visits between you and your loved ones. Virtual visits can be scheduled from 8:00am to 4:00pm, Monday to Friday. Please email Danielle Robertson at [email protected], including your name, the name of the resident you would like to contact, and your availabilities. We encourage you to use this tool to stay connected with your loved ones during these difficult times.
6. Packages & items
We encourage you to limit the quantity of items brought to Reception. Items that cannot be disinfected will be quarantined for 72 hours (books, magazines, cardboard).
7. Resident Circulation
Residents may walk in the gardens or on the Grace Village grounds wearing masks. Outings will be limited to essential medical appointments. All activities facilitated by the Recreation & Leisure team will be done room to room: on an individual basis, in small bubble groups of eight, or in socially distanced hallway activities.
We have excellent news! Residents received their second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine last Friday morning, May 7! As with the first dose, a team from the CIUSSS administered the vaccines with the assistance of the Grace Village Nursing team. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Sandra Klinck at [email protected]. In recent weeks, our staff have begun to receive their second dose of the vaccine.
We thank you for your continued support in ensuring the care and security of your loved ones during this third wave.
Reminders for Family Caregiver visits
We would like to remind all family members and Family Caregivers of the following criteria that must be respected while visiting residents:
• Visiting a resident increases the risk to the resident, other residents, and staff of contracting COVID-19.
• Visiting a resident in long-term care increases the risk of contracting COVID-19.
• In addition, the people most at risk of developing complications after contracting COVID-19 are those aged 65 or older and/or those who have a vulnerability factor such as cardiovascular disease, lung disease, hypertension, diabetes, and chronic kidney failure as well as immunocompromised individuals. attest to having understood the risks inherent in the decision mentioned above.
• I confirm that I have read the information on symptom monitoring, hand hygiene, respiratory etiquette, and use of personal protective equipment.
• I will disinfect my hands upon entering Grace Village, upon entering the resident’s room, upon leaving the room and upon leaving Grace Village.
• I will wear my mask the entire time, never lowering or removing from my face.
• I confirm that I have clean clothing from my home and have not stopped on route to this visit.
• I will not bring any personal effects with me, only my car keys and cell phone.
• I will comply with the conditions and instructions established by Grace Village or by public health authorities regarding infection protection and control.
• I understand that following screening I will go directly to the resident’s room and remain there, respecting the 2-metre social distance until the visit is completed.
• I agree to complete the Visitor Log at Reception upon arrival and at departure including the date, time, and the name of the resident.
• I agree to only visit one resident and to limit interactions with other residents or staff members. Always respecting the 2-meter social distance.
• I agree to undergo COVID-19 testing if the resident's medical condition requires it and to inform Grace Village of the result.
• I agree to wear the appropriate personal protective equipment according to the resident's medical condition; and
• I understand that failure to comply with the conditions and instructions established by public health authorities and by Grace Village, may result in Grace Village suspending the right to visit.
On behalf of the Leadership Team,
Andrea Eastman, Interim Executive Director
Please click here and submit the Contact form if you have any questions or comments for the Executive Director. Thank you for your interest in Grace Village!