COVID-19 Status Update
UPDATE: July 22, 2021
UPDATE: July 22, 2021
We have received updated directives for private senior’s residences as Quebec’s vaccination efforts continue, and as COVID-19 cases in the Eastern Townships continue to fall. We appreciate your ongoing commitment to keeping the Grace Village Community safe, while in the Green Zone.
Some of the new directives are based on a resident or visitor’s vaccination levels. The definitions are:
- Considered “protected” if a person is/has:
- seven days past their second dose of a COVID-19 vaccination
- fourteen days past a dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- recovered from COVID-19 within the last 6 months
- recovered from COVID-19 over 6 months ago and has received (over 7 days before) at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Considered “unprotected” if a person is/has:
- never had COVID-19 and is completely unvaccinated, or it is less than 14 days since their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- recovered from COVID-19 over 12 months ago and has never been vaccinated (or they are less than 7 days since their first dose)
- immunocompromised (vaccinated or not, recovered from COVID-19 or not)
- Considered “partially protected” if a person is/has:
- 14 days past their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination (excluding if they received the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine)
- less than 7 days past their second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- recovered from COVID-19 more than 6 months ago but less than 12 months ago and has not received any COVID-19 vaccinations
- recovered from COVID-19 more than 6 months ago but less than 12 months ago and has received one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine less than 7 days ago.
All visitors & volunteers will need to follow the same screening process for indoor and outdoor visits. This includes handwashing upon arrival, receiving a clean medical mask, signing the visitor’s log, and completing the screening form.
Family Caregivers & Regular Visitors
If you visit more than one resident, each one must be indicated on the screening form. In all common areas of the Care Pavilion, visitors must maintain social distance, wear a medical mask and do frequent hand hygiene.
For interior visits:
- Up to a maximum of two (2) people at a time (3 including the resident) can be in the resident’s room.
- When the visitors and the resident are all considered protected, social distancing and masks are not required while in the resident’s room.
- When a visitor or the resident is considered unprotected or partially protected, social distancing and masks are required at all times.
For exterior visits, up to a maximum of nine (9) people at a time.
- When the visitors and the resident are all considered protected, masks and social distancing are not required.
- When a visitor or the resident is considered unprotected or partially protected, social distancing of 2 meters and wearing a mask is still required.
We welcome pets at the exterior visiting stations. Please be sure to obtain a copy of our pet policy procedure.
Goggles and visors
They are only required for residents in isolation.
Due to limited space, visitors are not allowed in the dining rooms during meals. If you wish to have a meal with your loved one, please make a reservation at extension 5011, 24-hours in advance.
Outings including car rides
Families & visitors may take residents on outings – remember to sign the resident out with the nurse. Residents from Wing B must also sign in & out in their wing. Residents, families, and visitors must continue to wear masks and respect 2 meters in public.
We are delighted to have our volunteers back at Grace Village. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please contact Danica at [email protected].
We thank you for your collaboration as we continue to safely lift these restrictions.
On behalf of the Leadership Team,
Community Relations Manager